6. WHAT IS THE PROCESS FROM START TO FINISH?
Every project, client, and home is unique and the process can vary, the following are the steps to bring your dream kitchen to reality.
1. Meeting our specialist – visiting our showroom and meeting with one of our talented kitchen designers in Laval is the beginning of your journey.
Prior to your visit please measure your kitchen: measure the overall length of each wall, working your way from left to right. Measure the horizontal height of the walls at 36”. Locate your center, and indicate the centerline of all permanent features, including range, windows, doors, and closets. When measuring your doors and windows including the trim, measure from one side to the other of the door or window trim, then measure from the outside trim to the center of the window or door.
Alternatively, If taking your own measurements seems overwhelming, we can send a kitchen designer to take measurements and discuss preliminary design aspects and review some ideas you may have about your vision and requirements. Please contact our design experts for more details.
2. Understanding your vision – You will be asked to review ideas of finished kitchens online (Houzz/Pinterest/) or in magazines, before visiting our showroom. Our specialist will ask the pertinent questions to determine your style whether it be a classic, contemporary, or modern kitchen. Once we’ve understood your vision and have all the necessary information, we will review styles, materials, colours, configuration, hardware, backsplashes, floors, ventilation, lighting, plumbing, sinks, options of handles and accessories, etc.
Taking all these details into consideration, now it’s on to the design stage.
3. 3D rendering – It’s time to create the visualization of your new kitchen.
Our design expert will spend the next few days using our interactive 3D software to create a precise model of your space integrating all of your inspiring ideas and requirements and creating a complete rendition of how they will look and feel in your home.
4. Bringing your vision to life – You will be invited back to our showroom to fully experience your new kitchen in 3D, our specialist will review every aspect of your project and answer all your questions and review our quote.
Final touches, details, and any adjustments will be made together at that time.
Once you have given the final approval of our quote and design concept, you will be asked for a deposit and we will begin our building process. We will send our project manager to take final measurements to ensure that everything is perfect before starting the manufacturing of your cabinets.
5. Starting the build – once the technical drawings are finalized, normally the delay to manufacture your new cabinets is approximately six to twelve weeks(depending on material selections) from final approval.
The demolition would begin three weeks before the delivery of your new kitchen, our project manager will visit your home three to four days prior to the installation to review that the renovation was properly executed to ensure that there are no complications with the installation of your new kitchen.
We aim to minimize the inconvenience that renovations can cause your Family and install your final kitchen within the pre-agreed-upon timelines.
6. Cabinet Installation – once the kitchen cabinets are delivered to your home, our custom kitchen installer will begin the installation process, this can take up to four days depending on the size of the project.
7. Countertop Installation – We usually install temporary countertops and install your appliances, so your kitchen is fully functional as your custom countertops are being built. Once the cabinets are installed and final measurements are taken, the custom countertops are usually delivered and installed within 2 to 3 weeks.
8. The Finishing Touch – Once the countertops are installed, the final touches; backsplash, plumbing, and final details are usually completed within a couple of days by the contractor.
9. Time to cook – Invite your friends and Family over to enjoy the beauty of your new custom kitchen.